Costa Rica holds a special place in my heart. When I was sixteen, I lived there for six months as part of a study abroad program, and I made friends that have become family and have been back for visits and retreats over twenty times. I’m thrilled to announce Costa Rica is the destination for our fall yoga and fitness retreat this coming November! The villa we’ll stay in is magic – all bedrooms have en suite bathrooms and air conditioning. There’s a professional gym in our villa, along with a gorgeous covered patio overlooking the rainforest and our infinity pool – and this is where we’ll practice yoga. You’ll hear monkeys and birds, and have so many “pinch me” moments you won’t know what to do with yourself! All the details are below or book your spot now!
When: November 1 – 6, 2019
Where: A gorgeous villa featuring two private chefs, daily house keeping, the most gorgeous views, wifi, and the whole thing overlooks the ocean and the rainforest.
What: We’ll have Namaslay® Strength in the morning, a 45 minute strength class specifically designed to build strength to support the yoga practice. In the evening, we’ll have vinyasa and hatha style yoga to unwind from the day’s activities. The rest of the day will be yours to explore Costa Rica with the group!
Who is this retreat for: This retreat is for people who love a little luxe while on vacation (like a/c, wifi, private chefs), but also love and respect nature, the beach, and others’ cultures. This is a retreat for people looking for a vacation they’ll never forget, and who have an interest in developing an understanding of the body, how to build strength to support our lives, and how to deepen their yoga practice.
- 8 carefully designed yoga and fitness classes that will be tailored to your needs
- a swag bag worth over $50
- Accommodation in room of your choice at a luxury villa overlooking the rainforest and the ocean
- Closing celebration dinner
- Private chefs to prepare breakfast
- Daily housekeeping
What’s not included:
- Flights and trip insurance (we highly recommend purchasing trip insurance)
- Airport transfer (but we can arrange for a car service to pick you up at an additional cost)
- Lunches and Dinners, aside from our closing dinner
- Daily activities (but we will have a concierge on hand to help book tours, trips, and anything else you’d like to do with the group)
- Car rental / transfers to/from activities (but that can be arranged at an additional cost)
What to do during down time:
- We are within walking distance to Diamante Eco Adventure Park and Animal Sanctuary where you can zip line, go horseback riding, visit the animal sanctuary and so much more
- 15 minute drive to Las Baulas National Marine Park where you can take a Turtle Conservation Tour
- 25 minute drive to Playas del Coco
- Stay at the gorgeous villa and read, relax, lay by the pool
- 5 minute drive to Playa Matapalo and the beach at the Diamante Eco Adventure Park and Animal Sanctuary
- 20 minute drive to Playa Hermosa and Playa Ocotal
- 25 minute drive to Playas del Coco
Accommodations and Pricing for Namaslay® Luxe Yoga and Fitness Retreat in Costa Rica:
We have three types of rooms are our Luxe Yoga and Fitness Retreat in Costa Rica:
- Sleepover Room – This is a large room with 4 bunks (a total of 8 beds), complete with oversized en suite bathroom with dual vanity, SmartTV, a/c, ceiling fan and terrace. $1499 Book now!
- Fit for Queens Room: This is a shared room with two queen beds available for double occupancy, complete with oversized en suite bathroom with dual vanity, SmartTV, a/c, ceiling fan and terrace. $1799 Book now!
- Live like a King Room: This is a room with a king bed, available for single or double occupancy, complete with oversized en suite bathroom with dual vanity, SmartTV, a/c, ceiling fan and terrace. $2399 single occupancy, $1999 each for double occupancy coming with a friend or significant other. Book now!
Payment Plans Available:
If you would like to take advantage of our payment plan option, here’s how it works: You will choose ‘Payment Plan’ upon check out and pay a non-refundable $199 fee which goes towards your final balance. You will then be asked to make a $150 PayPal payment which is your convenience fee, and does not go towards your balance. After that, you will be emailed a link for monthly payments of the remaining balance. If you change your mind or cannot attend the retreat, any outstanding balance owed is forgiven, but anything you’ve paid is non-refundable. Your spot, however, is transferrable, if you have a friend who would like to go in your place.
Live like a King room
Fit for Queens Room
How to fly in:
We will be able to arrange a transfer via a car service upon your arrival, or you may want to split a rental car with others in the group. An airport transfer is $120, and it can hold from 1 – 5 people. Once you sign up for the retreat, we’ll add you to a private Facebook group, and you can chat about what you’d like to do.
- We are a 40 minute drive to Liberia Airport, Daniel Oduber International Airport (LIR)
- We are a 1 hour 30 minute drive to Nicoya Guanacaste Airport (NCT)
- We are a 3 hour 30 minute drive to Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I arrive and depart? There is no yoga or fitness class on the first or last day of the retreat because these are travel days, so no worries about missing anything. You may arrive any time after 5pm on November 1, and our check out time is at 8am on November 6th.
- Do people generally come alone? The majority of the people who attend our travels are solo female travelers. Sometimes a pair of friends comes, sometimes a couple or two comes. Either way, we are always a tight-knit group, and people make fast friends. We have a private Facebook Group for each retreat we lead, so you’ll be able to connect with people ahead of time once you sign up.
- Do I need any vaccines or visas for Costa Rica? Nope!
- What should I bring? We’ll email you a welcome packet one month prior to the retreat date with a suggested packing list and things to know. You will need to bring a yoga mat.
- How advanced are these yoga and fitness classes? Don’t worry! Candace tailors each class so that everyone is lovingly challenged at their particular level. We have people who come as total beginners and have never been to a studio before, and we have had yoga teachers come with strong practices. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter because Candace is able to offer modifications and ways to go deeper for all who need it. The vibe our tribe attracts is that of acceptance no matter where you are on your yoga/fitness journey.
A word about YBC® Retreats
Our retreats are laid back, good times with awesome people. There’s no one to impress, nothing to prove, and everything to share. There’s no expectation that you have to be at a certain place in your practice. We encourage you to honor how you feel on any given day. Bring a sense of humor and an open heart, and prepare yourself for the best time! We get a lot of questions about traveling alone. Rest assured, most people who attend our retreats come alone. By the end of day one, you will have met and connected with everyone, and we’re positive you’ll all become fast friends with whom you can explore the area. Book your spot now!
Terms and Conditions
All sales are final. No reimbursement will be granted simply because we need to pay for the venue. We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness, which may occur during the retreat or traveling to or from the retreat. All students are strongly recommended to have their own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary. It is advisable to take out travel insurance in the event that you have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to make any changes to our program, accommodation, courses or teachers. Alternative arrangements are offered to the best of our ability but if not taken up, we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare. Students who have chosen a single room will not quality for any discount regardless of whether another student happens to be alone in a ‘shared’ room. We take every step to ensure that students are not stretched beyond the limit of their capabilities. We ask that you speak up if you have any particular pre-existing injury or illness that is relevant. We advise that you always listen to your body, and if you are feeling any pain or illness during the class that you stop and rest. Due to the acrobatic nature of this yoga retreat, the yoga program is not safe for pregnant women. Governing Law: These terms and conditions and the transactions contemplated hereby shall be governed by, and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut, U.S.A., without regard to the choice-of-law principles thereof. The United Nations Conventions of Contracts for the international Sale of Goods shall not apply to this agreement. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Manual will be brought only in courts of the State of Connecticut, or the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.